CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

old copiers ( was Re: cable shielding and relays

on 2003-02-28 04:54:21 UTC
The old copier is best if it is larger.

paper feeding trays, paper changing trays, all use gears, clutches,
steppers, typically a hefty gear motor runs the paper feed and you
get a neat lense to see the fine print.

For a real hobbiests, one could make a complete X/Y/Z PCB etcher out
of one of these.

The shafts have bearings/bushings that are matched in size. all the
shafts are more than 11 inches long, pulleys/gears are matched to the
motors sizes and are mounted. mounts are parallel and in a frame
already.

Not to mention all the nuts and bolts one gets.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "baccus61
<richardmcmahon@o...>" <richardmcmahon@o...> wrote:
> > > 2. Does anyone have a source for a safe (to my equipment),
> simple to
> > > make or premade relay setup for turning on spindles, etc.?
>
> Hi Jan,
> Check out your local Photocopier supplier and ask if they have
any
> throw away or traded in copiers. My local store have heaps of
these
> which I regularly strip down (for free) for parts and these include
> some solid state switches like the crydom ones. The larger ones
> sometimes have 2 in them but don't get the small copiers as they
> have very little of value in them. Some also have good 24v 6-9amp
> transformers and a heap of gears, timing belts, Very straight
ground
> shafting, lots of colour coded wires, some stepper motors, 24v
> clutches, micro switches and the list goes on. I use a battery
> powered drill, screwdriver and sidecutters to strip them down and
it
> usually takes a few hours. My supplier likes me to take them off
> their hands as they don't get them back to fix after they throw
them
> out because someone has scavanged them. Most of them still work
but
> the manufacturers stop making spares for them after 5 years.
> Hope this helps.
> warm regards
> Richard.

Discussion Thread

mrpootoo <mrpootoo@y... 2003-02-26 10:38:32 UTC cable shielding and relays Jeff Goldberg 2003-02-26 11:33:49 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] cable shielding and relays turbulatordude <davemucha@j... 2003-02-27 06:38:42 UTC Re: cable shielding and relays JanRwl@A... 2003-02-27 16:50:19 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] cable shielding and relays baccus61 <richardmcmahon@o... 2003-02-28 00:42:22 UTC Re: cable shielding and relays turbulatordude <davemucha@j... 2003-02-28 04:54:21 UTC old copiers ( was Re: cable shielding and relays