CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Reading the state of three switches using VB

on 2003-03-08 18:51:04 UTC
Hi Pablo,

For the triggering, it sounds like you need an interrupt. INT 5 or 7
(printer) might be free. You'll need hardware to do that. A printer
card can often be used for this.

You don't need an A/D (analog to digital) card to read three switches.
You don't need anything at all! You can read four switches with the
joystick (game) port @ 200 - 201h.

If you're going to control stepper motors (often done with a parallel
port), there are a few lines available, if you don't need the limit
switch inputs.

Alan KM6VV
(C/C++, ASM code)

"Pablo Roufogalis L." wrote:

> Hello again.
>
> I've been looking at A/D cards to read the state of three switches that will control a step motor using VB. The use of such cards seems overkill for such a simple application.
>
> These are not limit switches.
>
> What else can I use? At 200 US$ I'd love to have an option.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Discussion Thread

Pablo Roufogalis L. 2003-03-08 17:24:01 UTC Reading the state of three switches using VB Alan Marconett KM6VV 2003-03-08 18:51:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Reading the state of three switches using VB Pablo Roufogalis L. 2003-03-09 05:41:25 UTC Re: Reading the state of three switches using VB