CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] New to list hello all; smithy conversion combo mill lathe edm

Posted by marble here
on 2003-03-08 18:54:44 UTC
Chris hi

I to have a 1720 and have just about finished with the conversion.I have
put the ball screw on the back of the lathe just incase I need to thread.
I put the cross slide screw in the same location I have made a few changes
so this would fit I mounted the ball nut on the table not I repeat not
the crosslide base I found I was able to get a little more travel check it
out your self first if you think you can do it go ahead and try.You will
have to change the two gears to get the same table speeds with the ball
screw installed.Now for the quill I have not done that as of yet but I
have two different ways that I may try ..I hope I can help a bit I also
will be using stepper s for now since I have them here ..I have three
472oz stepper s two are 6 wire and one is a 8 wire the 8 wire has it own
driver with power supply

John Brauweiler