CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: How do I disable drives?

Posted by caudlet
on 2003-03-09 08:54:13 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "washcomp" <jeff@w...> wrote:
> I think the idea (suggested by Tim G.) to disconnect my stepper
> drives (with a relay) when my controller software is inactive is a
> good one. Which line(s) should I switch (5v or motor DC or
other)?
> I'm using CMD-260 drives. Should I use a relay to put 5v across
the
> enable' pin until I want the drive to be activated?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jeff

On my controller I have two big lighted buttons. One is a "RUN"
button (green) and the other is a "STOP" button. They latch and
unlatch a 3 pole contactor that is the DC motor supply. The theory
here is that motors can do nasty bad things with no voltage (except
freewheel). The circuit has provisions for tying in limit switches
and remote panic switches if needed. I turn on my computer and load
my controller sofware PRIOR to hitting the RUN button so uncontrolled
motion is not a problem. I have a copy of the schematic. Contact me
off list if you are interested in a copy.

Discussion Thread

washcomp 2003-03-09 08:03:19 UTC How do I disable drives? caudlet 2003-03-09 08:54:13 UTC Re: How do I disable drives? Tim Goldstein 2003-03-09 09:04:24 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] How do I disable drives?