CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: USB 2.0 CNC control and high speed stepper driver

Posted by hugo_cnc
on 2003-03-10 04:04:53 UTC
Hi,

I called Sensa today, and they only sell the complete system
including, drivers power supply and software for something around
8500 euro. That's way more than the cost of my complete machine, I
will just have to wait untill the G2002 is finished.
If USB is so much better (faster) then the parallel port, is it
possible to use the USB-port with USB to parallel port cable, and
then connect the driver (or break-out board)?

Hugo

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "hugo_cnc" <Hwatering@h...>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> If anybody has more questions post of mail them, I will contact
them
> on monday and will try to get some answers. The high torque at high
> speed is mostly a voltage thing (I think), I remember they use the
> Powermax steppers and used 160 V at 12 A, to make sure they
wouldn't
> overheat they used heatsinks and fans direct on the steppers.
>
> Hugo
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Carlos Guillermo
> <carlos@v...> wrote:
> > Hi Hugo -
> >
> > Cool! We'd all love to hear more about this, but the language
> > barrier might be a problem. There seem to be some skeptics of
> > running steppers at 2400rpm and 80% rated torque, so if you can,
> > could you get more details on that?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Carlos Guillermo
> > VERVE Engineering & Design

Discussion Thread

Carlos Guillermo 2003-03-07 09:29:52 UTC USB 2.0 CNC control and high speed stepper driver Carlos Guillermo 2003-03-07 09:31:44 UTC USB 2.0 CNC control and high speed stepper driver Jon Elson 2003-03-07 10:49:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] USB 2.0 CNC control and high speed stepper driver Carlos Guillermo 2003-03-07 11:29:51 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] USB 2.0 CNC control and high speed stepper driver hugo_cnc 2003-03-07 12:22:56 UTC Re: USB 2.0 CNC control and high speed stepper driver Carlos Guillermo 2003-03-07 19:12:16 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: USB 2.0 CNC control and high speed stepper driver hugo_cnc 2003-03-08 02:15:38 UTC Re: USB 2.0 CNC control and high speed stepper driver hugo_cnc 2003-03-10 04:04:53 UTC Re: USB 2.0 CNC control and high speed stepper driver