CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Multicam tutorials and/or manual

Posted by RichD
on 2003-03-12 19:59:40 UTC
Marcus and list,
You tell it like it is.
The school I attend is in the thick of it with that program and we
use it to feed 2 different cnc machining centers and 2 diff cnc lathes.
The newest lathe is a Cincinnati with a control like Fanuc, so we are
modifying a Fanuc post to match it as we learn how to operate the machine.
No money to have it done by a vendor. You only have to fix it anyway.
The Mastercam books are set up for teaching "by the book" in regular daily
sessions for a typical green student. It works for them best, but very slow.
I came along as a hobby "student" and found them to also be very frustrating
to use. I'm glad I didn't spend the $$$ on one. There are several. Each ~$100!
Mastercam, now that I'm savy to it, is easy! It only takes time, someone that
can show you the ropes and practice. Most of all, a burning desire to accomplish
a needed project.
It'a fantastic program, but more $$$$$$$$.... than I will ever see to own.
RichD

Marcus & Eva wrote:

> Hi again Joe:
> A couple more thoughts:
> -Don't waste your money on the Mastercam manuals...they are almost useless
> for learning the program.
> -Mastercam and other CAM software cannot really be "set-up" for a specific
> machine.
> That is the job of the post processor.
> You need to know what subset of G code the controller recognizes and find or
> butcher together a post that will output that kind of code with the right
> kind of headers and comment symbols etc etc.
> Cheers
>
> Marcus

Discussion Thread

jfinkels375 2003-03-12 08:25:45 UTC Multicam tutorials and/or manual jfinkels375 2003-03-12 13:55:08 UTC Re: Multicam tutorials and/or manual Marcus & Eva 2003-03-12 19:15:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Multicam tutorials and/or manual Marcus & Eva 2003-03-12 19:38:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Multicam tutorials and/or manual RichD 2003-03-12 19:59:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Multicam tutorials and/or manual