CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: WOW!! new EMC Build

on 2000-02-25 20:30:46 UTC
Tim Goldstein wrote:

> From: "Tim Goldstein" <timg@...>
>
> I just downloaded the new 25-Feb-2000 build of EMC and you will not believe
> what Fred has put in there for us stepper people.
>
> EMC now does closed loop steppers using the Kulaga/Mauch DRO card!!
> EMC now has MAX_VELOCITY settings on a per axis basis.
>
> Check out the .txt file for this new build.
>
> Guess I need to get busy and hook my encoders up to the machine and put that
> spare DRO card I got from Dan into the Linux box.
>
> Tim
> [Denver, CO]

Ok, downloaded the new version of emc, I was running november something,
saved my
ini file as .old, performed clean and erased the damn thing. Oh well,
got most of it
restored and started using the frequency mode for steppers. What a
difference. Where I
was running reliably at 40 IPM is now about 120 IPM using Dan Mauch's
controller. I was
going to try to find new stepper drives, but don't really need to
anymore. Thanks to the
EMC folks for that.

Question 1) I don't see the MAX_VELOCITY settings in the INI file under
each axis. Is it
something I need to add?

Question 2) Is there a setting in the INI file for direction? Everything
is now backwards.

Question 3) I am running a P166 with 32 meg ram. Is anyone running
steppers with this config
or less? It is somewhat sluggish when emc is running, ie.
the mouse is jerky and
windows seem to take a few seconds to pop up. This is not
something new with this
version as the november version did the same.

Thanks in advance and a big thanks to the NIST people.

Bill
scalione@...

Discussion Thread

Tim Goldstein 2000-02-25 13:53:38 UTC WOW!! new EMC Build William Scalione 2000-02-25 20:30:46 UTC Re: WOW!! new EMC Build Tim Goldstein 2000-02-26 09:05:49 UTC RE: WOW!! new EMC Build