CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: HAAS ZIP DRIVE

Posted by jeffalanp
on 2003-03-20 21:46:58 UTC
Hi Doug,
If your Haas system didn't come with the proper video board, you
will not be able to do this. The ZIP drive system has a special
video board with an embedded PC running DOS that processes the I/O
between the Haas control and the ZIP drive itself. Additionally, the
control software version has to be 'aware' that the option is
avaialable. Finally there are issues with the MOCON version that may
need addressing as well.

Although $2500 is alot to spend on getting a ZIP drive for your
Haas, you will end up spending more to try to do it yourself.

Unless you need the high speed transfer rates of the ZIP, you are
probably better off just using a 115K serial port to do I/O.

Jeff

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas King"
<evelle97530@y...> wrote:
> Hi.Who has info on how to set up a Haas 1998 vf2 without spending
> $2500?Thanks Doug King ,Owner King Machine Prod.Inc.

Discussion Thread

Douglas King 2003-03-20 20:05:17 UTC HAAS ZIP DRIVE jeffalanp 2003-03-20 21:46:58 UTC Re: HAAS ZIP DRIVE