CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: sensing a part - fiberoptic

Posted by ccq@x...
on 2003-03-24 06:40:17 UTC
I think you missed the point. there's only a need for one cable for most of
this setup. Think of it this way:

LED Photo-transistor
| \ /
| \ / /|\
| \ / |
| | |
\|/ | |

object to be sensed

The, "Y", connector can even be mounted on the circuit board, with the opto-
cable going from the leg of the connector anywhere you want; I.e., just one
cable. The light from the LED travels up/down the same cable simultaneously as
shown by the, "arrows". This circuit was originally used as part of an audible
object/obstacle sensor for a blind man's cane, so it works fairly well over
several inches distance from the end of the opto-cable. That gives you a lot of
electronic adjustment room with respect to resistor values/sensitivity, etc.

As to coolant and chips, I'd think putting the sensor end in heat shrink tubing
might work.

Bill

--
RKBA! ***** Blessings On Thee, Oh Israel! ***** 4-19!

turbulatordude 2003-03-23 18:35:26 UTC sensing a part ccq@x... 2003-03-23 20:28:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] sensing a part turbulatordude 2003-03-24 04:58:51 UTC Re: sensing a part - fiberoptic ccq@x... 2003-03-24 06:40:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: sensing a part - fiberoptic