CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: sensing a part - fiberoptic

on 2003-03-24 04:58:51 UTC
Interesting method.

I have a Vee block so could use that as a point the edge passes. I
would assume that the 2 cables would be aligned with the end of the
bar rather than along the lenght.

Any idea how the cable would stand up to coolant or chips ? I don't
expect either to be a continual problem, but if it were extreeemly
sensitive, that would pose a problem.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, ccq@x wrote:
> Howdy TD;
>
> Try a fiberoptic, "Y", connector. Drill a small hole in the end of
an LED, and
> glue the end of a piece of fiberoptic cable in it. The other end
goes into one
> arm of the, "Y", connector. Do the same to the other arm, but with
a photo-
> transistor, or other optical sensor, instead of an LED.
>
> Light from the LED goes down one arm, and out the leg of the, "Y",
connector,
> which can be directed anywhere with a piece of fiberoptic cable.
Whatever comes

***** 4-19!
> ----------------+----------+--------------------------+-------------
--------
> An _EFFECTIVE_ | Insured | All matter is vibration. | Let he who
hath no
> weapon in every | by COLT; | -- Max Planck | weapon sell
his
> hand = Freedom | DIAL | In the beginning was the | garment and
buy a
> on every side! | 1911-A1. | word. -- The Bible | sword.--
Jesus Christ
--------

> Constitutional Government is dead; LONG LIVE THE
CONSTITUTION!!!!!

--------

Discussion Thread

turbulatordude 2003-03-23 18:35:26 UTC sensing a part ccq@x... 2003-03-23 20:28:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] sensing a part turbulatordude 2003-03-24 04:58:51 UTC Re: sensing a part - fiberoptic ccq@x... 2003-03-24 06:40:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: sensing a part - fiberoptic