CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Best Servo setup for mill/drill?

Posted by Dan Mauch
on 2003-03-26 07:12:10 UTC
Jeff Davis has some really nice servo motors for the larger mill/drills
here is a link to his site. http://www.homecnc.info/plans.htm
I have some 600 oz in servo motors that are also great on the larger
mill/drills that I am using on my mill/drill and have come up with a
nice servo/stepper motor mount for the XY axis. The servo motors are
listed in my web page in the product section at
http://www.seanet.com/~dmauch/ If you want me to email you a picture of
the motor mount contact me off line.
Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: jlwas2002 [mailto:jlwas@...]
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 10:26 PM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Best Servo setup for mill/drill?

Can anyone inform me on what kind/type of servo motors are best for a
mill/drill (RF 45)? AC, DC type servo motors?? Did a little
searching, but still a tad unclear. Any good books on the subject?
Amazon.com came up emtpy for decent books on the subject.

I have a set of ball screws (adjustable preload type) that will be
installed soon. I want to have a manual provision also, and am
working on a hand brake design for the X and Y. Thinking about a belt
drive system. I have some stepper motors (~600 oz-in units) that I
picked up free, but it seems that servo's are the the way to go??

Jason

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... [Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it
if you have trouble.

sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there,
for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM.
DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........ bill
List Mom List Owner

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Discussion Thread

jlwas2002 2003-03-25 22:26:20 UTC Best Servo setup for mill/drill? Dan Mauch 2003-03-26 07:12:10 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Best Servo setup for mill/drill? Jon Elson 2003-03-26 10:35:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Best Servo setup for mill/drill?