CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Over voltage crowbar - (for Mariss really )

Posted by Andrew Mawson
on 2003-04-02 15:51:28 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Mariss Freimanis"
<mariss92705@y...> wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> Good afternoon! That certainly works but it is at the expense of a
> fuse that must die then. I have a more elegant solution posted for
> while now in the "files" section called POWER SUPPLY.pdf
>
> 1) The power supply voltage is kept from rising above the supply no-
> load value (returned energy dump).
>
> 2) The circuit discharges the supply cap in about 0.25 second when
> the mains are switched off.
>
> 3) The circuit dynamically brakes the motors to a stop very
rapidly,
> so the mains switch functions as an e-stop as well.
>
> Mariss

Mariss,

Good afternoon indeed - it's past midnight on the Grenwich Meridian !

Neat circuit - would be a useful addition to the files on your sites
support section, or with the details accompanying a drive.

Andrew

Discussion Thread

Andrew Mawson 2003-04-02 14:16:38 UTC Over voltage crowbar - (for Mariss really ) Mariss Freimanis 2003-04-02 15:19:15 UTC Re: Over voltage crowbar - (for Mariss really ) Andrew Mawson 2003-04-02 15:51:28 UTC Re: Over voltage crowbar - (for Mariss really )