CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Help with DeskCNC?

Posted by Fred Smith
on 2003-04-09 09:04:54 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "mmurray70" <mmurray70@n...>
wrote:
> After some messing around with DeskCNC I still cant seem to
generate
> working G-code. Do you just import a STL, click on toolpaths and
> select create?

Yes, refreshing isn't it?

>This seems a little too easy to to be true to me, i
> tried it anyway but the code did not cut the part properly.

The code will cut the part following the instructions you set. Bear
in mind that STL by definition is in metric format. You may need to
scale your model to fit your machine and tool sizes. The 1 " default
grid that is displayed should help you to visualize the scale.

> There is also a CAM mode in the DeskCNC program, after clicking on
> this my opened part dissapears?? Is the demo crippled in this way?

You already have the basics.

There is a user support forum for DeskCNC at

http://www.imsrv.com/discus/messages/1004/1004.html?1049831411

If you have specific questions, please feel to post there. Also
report any bugs or other problems at that location.

Fred Smith - IMService

Group specials and discounts are at:
http://www.imsrv.com/hobby/grp.html

Discussion Thread

mmurray70 2003-04-09 06:50:32 UTC Help with DeskCNC? Fred Smith 2003-04-09 09:04:54 UTC Re: Help with DeskCNC?