CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Is this "Free" CAM software?

Posted by pcfw
on 2003-04-15 18:48:41 UTC
Hi Jeff,

cncsimulator is a simulation software which can show how the cutting
will be performed once you load your Gcode program and input other
parameters such as tool length and diameter. It is not a CAM system
which can produce the Gcode for you.

You will have to be alert though, because some of their
interpretation of some Gcode command don't seem to be standard. (to
be fair to them I have not used their program that extensively and
you will have to make your own judgement)

If you are looking for a simulation program, there is another one -
cutviewer.

Peter

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "washcomp" <jeff@w...> wrote:
> I came across this site:
>
> http://www.cncsimulator.com/
>
> which offers what seems to me to be CAM software with only a couple
> of minor strings attached (you have to periodically come back to
> their site). Is anyone familiar with this? If so, is it usable as
> substitue for Virtual Mill, etc.?
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Jeff

Discussion Thread

washcomp 2003-04-15 10:41:02 UTC Is this "Free" CAM software? pcfw 2003-04-15 18:48:41 UTC Re: Is this "Free" CAM software?