CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Gecko Err/Reset and EMC

Posted by dakota8833
on 2003-04-16 19:17:09 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "pdw19810" <philw3@c...> wrote:
> I'm looking for suggestions on how to hook up the output from the
> err/reset line from Gecko 320s to EMC.
>
> I originally had the outputs tied together and connecting to pin 15
> such that EMC stopped with a maximum limit switch triggered error
> when one of the Geckos faulted but now that I'm connected up real
> limit switches this doesnt appear to be an option.
>
> Do I need to add a second parallel port and connect the Geckos to the
> Emergency Stop input or is there another alternative ?
>
> thanks
>
> Phil

Never thought about hooking the err/reset line to pin 15. I needed
spindle, vac and dust control so I had to use the second port. I used
its E-stop pin. I guess you could tie all the limits + and - in
series. Wire them as NC. So you would feed the err/reset signal though
the switches and then to pin 15. Anytime a limit opens or a fault
happens EMC will halt. You will have to back off the limit manually
though.

Frank

Discussion Thread

pdw19810 2003-04-16 10:26:04 UTC Gecko Err/Reset and EMC dakota8833 2003-04-16 19:17:09 UTC Re: Gecko Err/Reset and EMC