CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: electrical code?

Posted by doug98105
on 2003-04-17 13:34:34 UTC
On a slightly related topic....a machine tool dealer was telling me
he is losing sales of certain CNC machines to larger companies.
These companies no longer will buy equipment unless it has UL
approval. It's an insurance issue of some kind, not sure if it's
labor & industries or the private insurance provider who is creating
the requirement.

In cases where the machine manufacturer has not sought UL approval
the potential purchaser has the option of hiring a professional
engineeer to inspect the machine and certify the wiring is properly
done.

The Haas and Fadal "starter" mini-mills are two machines the dealer
mentioned as not having UL approval. He felt sales of these will
suffer without the UL rating.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "andrewyslee"
<andrewlee@s...> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks to this list and helpful members, I have now acquired
skills
> and knowledge and have cobbled together working stepper drivers,
etc.
> I have learned to use things like using heat shrik tubes to
> isolate exposed live wires, etc. However, while the drivers work,
> am not so happy with the state of the wirings, which seem a little
> messy.
>
> Now I want to aim a little higher - to make the driver a bit more
> professional, especially from the aspect of electrical and other
> safety. What are the things one would need to think about? What
> should one to to make the driver more "professional" and fullfill
all
> aspect of electrical code?
>
> BTW is there a code for electrical items like stepper driver one
can
> refer to?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Andrew

Discussion Thread

andrewyslee 2003-04-17 06:28:55 UTC electrical code? Harvey White 2003-04-17 11:53:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] electrical code? Jeff Goldberg 2003-04-17 12:35:09 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] electrical code? doug98105 2003-04-17 13:34:34 UTC Re: electrical code? pcfw 2003-04-17 15:05:54 UTC Re: electrical code? andrewyslee 2003-04-17 16:03:48 UTC Re: electrical code? Jeff Goldberg 2003-04-17 17:33:20 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: electrical code? Jeff Goldberg 2003-04-17 17:54:10 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: electrical code?