CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: A program for finding center of large holes???

Posted by Andrew Mawson
on 2003-04-18 14:48:25 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "mueller914" <mmueller@n...>
wrote:
> I thought I saw one CAM package had an option for a using the CNC
> machine to find the center of a hole...sorta like turning the
machine
> into a CMM or something similar. Is this for real?
>
> What is the best way to find the center of hole?
>
> I have a hub which needs holes drilled x-distance from the center
of
> the part in a radial pattern.
> (offlist response is fine)
>
> mueller914@y...
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike Mueller
> Antioch, CA
>
> Sloptask 3-n-1, homebrew ballscrew conversion along with homebrew
CNC-
> Servo conversion

Mike,

TurboCNC from DAK engineering will do this given a suitable probe:

http://www.dakeng.com/turbo.html

Regards,

Andrew Mawson

Discussion Thread

mueller914 2003-04-18 13:40:30 UTC A program for finding center of large holes??? Andrew Mawson 2003-04-18 14:48:25 UTC Re: A program for finding center of large holes???