CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Glass scale problem

Posted by Paul
on 2003-04-19 03:53:58 UTC
Hi Derek

I too suffered with a similar problem with the scales on my lathe. Removing
the scale, popping the end caps off, and cleaning with alcohol & cotton buds.
All would be fine for a while, then the thing would play up again.

It would appear that cutting fluid was wicking past the seals and
contaminating the head/glass - Not being able to get new sealing strips, I
ended up buying a new scale. Got a reasonable deal out of the local Fagor
sales office to boot.

The glass strip is usually glued in place, so you'd probably break it during
removal - Bite the bullet, and get a new scale.

Regards, Paul.

--

The spamming scumbags have won - A new email account is now in use with a
mangled return address. Send replies to :

http://www.linuxsilo.net/docs/smart-questions-en.html on how to ask questions.

Discussion Thread

tig415 2003-04-19 03:24:37 UTC Glass scale problem Paul 2003-04-19 03:53:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Glass scale problem Jon Elson 2003-04-19 18:22:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Glass scale problem Jon Elson 2003-04-19 18:34:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Glass scale problem