CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] broken drill detector ?

Posted by Steve
on 2003-04-19 10:54:18 UTC
From: "turbulatordude" <davemucha@...>
> I'm drilling 1/16 holes in aluminum and the drill bits gunk up and
> occosionally it seems like the drill just will not cut. The motor
> (trim router, $20.00 Harbor freight speed control) will slow down
> noticably.
>
> I was thinking of monitoring motor amps to indicate a clogged bit,
> but am not sure if there is a better way.
>
> suggestions ?

Most of the higher end machines and presses we have at work are set up to do
that. The way most are set up is that you run the program through a cycle
and it records the loads, you then look at those and give it a number it
can't go over. A lot of times it's a % of the first cut or press force.

Discussion Thread

turbulatordude 2003-04-18 18:50:22 UTC broken drill detector ? Steve 2003-04-19 10:54:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] broken drill detector ? turbulatordude 2003-04-19 14:02:15 UTC Re: broken drill detector ?