CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Version 2.2.* EMC

Posted by Ian Wright
on 2000-03-04 07:20:04 UTC
Hi, George,

I did all this and got no error messages at all, however, I still don't seem
to have a steppermod.o file or a freqmod.o file anywhere on the system ( in
fact, the /plat/linux_2_0 and rtlinux_09J/ lib/ directories only have one
file in each which is the extppt.0 file - the 2.2.13 and 2.0.36 directories
have more but there seem to be a lot missing). I think it must be because I
have the 2.2.14 prepatched kernel or something but I can't seem to find
anywhere to change things to reflect this - apart, that is, from the
'install_rtl_base' file in EMC directory. I canged this to point the insmod
commands at the relevant place for the rtl modules (2.2.14-rtl2.1.pre1/misc/
in this case) but it seemed to make no difference except telling me that
when I tried to run that file, it had an unexpected EOF at line 54 - the
last line of the file that just says 'exit 0' .

So, if the download was OK and it has unzipped with no errors, and I can't
see any Makefiles with pointers to the 2.2.13 kernel which need changing,
what am I to do? {;(

Anyway, I'm off on a trip for a few days so, by the time I get back there
will probably have been some others try this and perhaps they will have
better knowledge than me. Thanks anyway,

Ian

--
Ian W. Wright
Sheffield UK