CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Version 2.2.* EMC

Posted by George Fouse
on 2000-03-06 07:22:56 UTC
Hi Ian,
1. I'm a little confused ... when the install script makes the directory
emc, I think the only directories it creates in the secondary directory
"emc/plat" is "java", "linux_2_2_13", and "rtlinux_2_0". Did you have
the directory "emc" around from an earlier version? To avoid confusion,
uncompress and untar the download in its own (fresh) directory.

2. "install_rtlinux_base" is the name of the script to install the
required rtlinux modules - was "install_rtl_base" a typo? For our
purposes, we could just use the 5 line script:
/sbin/insmod rtl_time
/sbin/insmod rtl_sched
/sbin/insmod posixio
/sbin/insmod rtl_fifo
/sbin/insmod mbuff
If all your rtlinux demos work ok, then the modules should be
functional.

3. It REALLY sounds as if you aren't getting a success build during
execution of the install script. Did you generate a log file when
running ./install [./install &> logfile]? Scan that, looking
specifically for any errors, undefined references, etc. Also make sure
that the flags in rcslib/etc/rtlinux_2_0.def are compatable with your
kernel and your file structure. for example - did you enable smp on your
kernel build [CFLAGS defines __SMP__ ,which will generate unresolved
references in a non-smp kernel]? And note that the .def file actually
defines the rtlinux include path as "/usr/src/rtlinux-2.0/rtl/include".
You might need to change that to match you directory tree (or modify
your tree with some symlinks). But you really need to scan your install
log - messages fly by on the screen too fast to be useful.

Good luck.
George

--

George Fouse,

Discussion Thread

Ian Wright 2000-03-04 07:20:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Version 2.2.* EMC Ian Wright 2000-03-04 07:20:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Version 2.2.* EMC George Fouse 2000-03-06 07:22:56 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Version 2.2.* EMC