CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: gecko industrial application

on 2003-04-22 13:23:38 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Jens Swales"
<jipeess2000@y...> wrote:

> hi group
>
> i was thinking of put g201´s instead of the current(expensive)
drives
> we use on our machines that we build on commercial basis.
> does anyone have any experience of g201 in heavy duty environments?
> im talking about 8h x 5/week cycles, 80v/6a and good cooling.
>
> recent talking about the future goodies for the g201 (or was it
> g220..?)for industrial applications, is perhaps some hint that the
> todays g201 cant fully compete with "real" industrial drives.
>
> im listening to any comments...
>

> js

I love the Gecko's but...

in an industrial environment where it is very possible that a motor
failure that shorts the windings, it may be that a motor failure may
also take out the driver.

short of some catastrophic field device failure that may wipe out all
the stuff it is connected to, or if engineering prevented such a
failure I would not hesitate to use it.

and, if my math is correct, Gecko Inc sells WAY more drives than
those on this list purchase. I am very confident that there are lots
industrial users already with a good track record, a VERY good track
record.

Dave

Discussion Thread

Jens Swales 2003-04-22 08:37:58 UTC gecko industrial application caudlet 2003-04-22 12:33:04 UTC Re: gecko industrial application JanRwl@A... 2003-04-22 13:05:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: gecko industrial application turbulatordude 2003-04-22 13:23:38 UTC Re: gecko industrial application