CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Stepper Motor Question - Easy for the PROS to answer

on 2003-04-24 15:03:30 UTC
Shawn,

You are correct. The reason for showing both is because a classic
half-step drive sequence alternates between both windings "on" and
one winding "on". The "one" winding on torque reflects what you can
expect with the motor stopped on its "weak" half-step.

Mariss

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "shawnusa2002"
<shawnusa@e...> wrote:
> Hello Folks,
>

> Can you visit http://www.slosyn.com/ssstepmotors_stndrdnema34.html
> and look at the table labled
>
> M09 Series 90MM Frame Size Model (NEMA 34) RATINGS and
SPECIFICATIONS

> In the colum labled
>
> Minimum Holding Torque Oz-In (Ncm)
>
> there is two sub colums. On labled 2 On and the Other Labeld 1 ON.
>
> Can you clarify what this means? Does it refer to number of coils
> powered? Aside from that I can not figure it out. There is a
> subsantioal diffrence in torque based on these two colums.
>
> Hope you can help
>
> Thanks,
>
> Shawn

Discussion Thread

shawnusa2002 2003-04-24 14:47:17 UTC Stepper Motor Question - Easy for the PROS to answer Mariss Freimanis 2003-04-24 15:03:30 UTC Re: Stepper Motor Question - Easy for the PROS to answer shawnusa2002 2003-04-24 15:13:17 UTC Re: Stepper Motor Question - Easy for the PROS to answer