CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: Autocad -> Reverse a PLINE vertex order?

Posted by Lloyd Leung
on 2003-05-06 12:21:48 UTC
There are addons and others programs. However when you have a license,
you make due with that you have.

I was wondering if there was a way without using autolisp. I'll just
continue my search. I will eventually breakdown and write a VB or
autolisp script to accomplish what I need.

Regards.

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred Smith [mailto:imserv@...]
Sent: May 6, 2003 9:46 AM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Autocad -> Reverse a PLINE vertex order?

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Lloyd Leung" <lloyd@l...>
wrote:
> This shouldn't be off topic.
>
> I have a pline that represents a cutting path. I'm wondering if
there
> is an easy way to reverse the vertex order of a pline object.

Lloyd,

You probably don't want to hear/read this, but the answer is that you
are trying to use the wrong tool for your work. Like using a
screwdriver on a Hex bolt.

AutoCad is a drawing program. It is not designed for creating
toolpaths. Therefore vector direction and order are not important.
There are addin products that will make the task bearable. Most any
Cam program will allow you to reverse cutting direction with little
effort. Even DeskCNC can do it. Certainly VectorCam, which takes
it's name from this very capability. ;-) Even Vector Cad-only can
reorganize a DXF file to produce a desired cutting order.

Best Regards, Fred Smith- IMService

Listserve Special discounts and offers are at:
http://www.imsrv.com/hobby/grp.html

We are THE source for low cost Cad Cam

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... [Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it
if you have trouble.

sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there,
for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM.
bill
List Mom
List Owner

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Discussion Thread

Lloyd Leung 2003-05-06 02:03:25 UTC Autocad -> Reverse a PLINE vertex order? Fred Smith 2003-05-06 06:51:08 UTC Re: Autocad -> Reverse a PLINE vertex order? Lloyd Leung 2003-05-06 12:21:48 UTC RE: Autocad -> Reverse a PLINE vertex order? Dave Aley 2003-05-06 16:23:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Autocad -> Reverse a PLINE vertex order? Fred Smith 2003-05-06 17:37:50 UTC Re: Autocad -> Reverse a PLINE vertex order? notoneleft 2003-05-07 08:03:41 UTC Re: Autocad -> Reverse a PLINE vertex order?