CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Step motor current

Ron Ginger wrote:

> I also note that at certain speeds, while the motor is rampning up to
> long move, the belts will vibrate a lot. They seem to steady out when
> it
> reaches steady speed. I have measured and I am not loosing steps, so
> dont think its a motor resonance problem. Should I worry about this
> vibratiopn?

This ocurrs when the length of belt causes it to resonate (like a guitar
string) at the
step frequency. It could cause some wiggles in the cut being made. If
not, I
wouldn't worry about it. There's not much you can do, either. The only
thing
I can think of is to have some springy material that touches the back
side of
the belt, but doesn't interfere with the movement of the carriage. This
would damp
out any vibrations.

Jon Elson 2000-03-07 11:08:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Step motor current