CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

small drops of coolant - Time delay relay ( was Re: Mach2 and parallel p

on 2003-05-10 08:51:27 UTC
Not a bad idea.

I was thinking of tying it in to the home switch on the Z, so that
when the spindle was energized AND the home switch was closed, it
would spray once. then all I need to do is addd the code to go past
the switch to add juice.

I am not sure how to power the spray/dropper.

I was thinking a peristalic pump or a homemade version with a check
valve and a solenoid. or a low pressure air line and a fast timer and
some capilary tubing.... decisions, decisions.....

I may put in a PLC for the timing and logic, then once I get the bugs
worked out, use a PIC.

It seems that I'll probably spend more time to make this work than to
just add a drain pan and flood cooling.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "washcomp" <jeff@w...> wrote:
> I haven't read this whole thread, but I have a simple suggestion if
> you are trying for a single "spurt" upon a command. If you use a
> time delay relay (generally octal socket compatable), they normally
> have a know on top to select the legnth of the time of activation.
> signal (pulse or switch push) to the relay will cause it to latch
for
> the period of time you have selected and then de-activate. Many
> commercial garage door openers use a couple of these to keep the
door
> open after you turn the key until you can pull your car in/out, but
> the time delays on those specific models will probably be too long
> for your application. Check out www.digikey.com (I have no
> relationship with them). Please remember: you can use a relay to
> control the coil of another one. If you need more time delayed
poles
> working in congunction with each other, simply add another relay
with
> its coil in series with the time delay one and its poles will
mimik
> the other one's. If you need guidance, contact me off list.
>
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "turbulatordude"
> <davemucha@j...> wrote:
> > Thanks guys,
> >
> > I need slower speeds, but more on and off relays.
> >
> > I want to spritz tapping fluid, not spray or stream it out. so
on
> > each hole, I need one spritz.
> >
> > part clamp, spindle on, and a timer is tied into the spindle
relay
> > and a counter on the clamp for hole count between bit replacement.
> >
> > so I ran out of outputs, and those I do use are not high speed.
> >
> > I think I run at 15khz on one motor as the max so even that is
slow
> > enough to make it all work.
> >
> > Dave
> >

> > --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "caudlet" <info@t...>

> > > more)
> is

> > like

> > > Dave: I am currently running two parallel port cards in my
MACH
> 2
> > > machine. I had to add the second card in order to have enough
> > inputs
> > > for the THC project. The PCI buss cards come with their own
> driver
> > > that does the Windows Plug'n Pray. Instead of putting the card
> at
> > > the next available standard port setting (0278h) it
gets "smart"
> > and
> > > assigns some weird I/O address then remaps that address to
LPT2.
> > > That's just great for things that use an LPT call for printing
> but
> > > not for programs that address the port directly. Art became
> aware
> > of
> > > the problem and included the ability in MACH 2 to assign any
> > address
> > > you want to the second port. Two cards give you 10 inputs and
> over
> > > twice that in outputs. While the PC will handle at least 3
> > parallel
> > > ports I don't think MACH 2 will do more than 2. There might be
> an
> > > issue with having to read all of those port pins every few
> > > milliseconds that is a limiting factor. Art can confirm/deny
> that
> > > allegation.
> > >
> > > You have to upgrade to MACH2 and It's somewhat of a culture
shock
> > > after you get used to MACH1, but the good news is that unlike
> every
> > > other software company out there the upgrade is FREE!

Discussion Thread

Michael Gamber 2003-05-08 15:17:14 UTC What Brand Parallel Port Card? Re: Can my CNC controller blow my motherboard? Jim Wilson 2003-05-08 18:01:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] What Brand Parallel Port Card? Re: Can my CNC controller blow my motherboard? Jim Wilson 2003-05-08 18:06:56 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] What Brand Parallel Port Card? Re: Can my CNC controller blow my motherboard? Art 2003-05-08 18:10:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] What Brand Parallel Port Card? Re: Can my CNC controller blow my motherboard? Michael Gamber 2003-05-08 19:11:19 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] What Brand Parallel Port Card? Re: Can my CNC controller blow my motherboard? Ross 2003-05-08 19:37:52 UTC What Brand Parallel Port Card? Re: Can my CNC controller blow my motherboard? Jim Wilson 2003-05-08 19:45:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] What Brand Parallel Port Card? Re: Can my CNC controller blow my motherboard? Jim Wilson 2003-05-08 19:46:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] What Brand Parallel Port Card? Re: Can my CNC controller blow my motherboard? caudlet 2003-05-08 20:10:49 UTC What Brand Parallel Port Card? Re: Can my CNC controller blow my motherboard? Jack Coats 2003-05-08 23:36:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] What Brand Parallel Port Card? Re: Can my CNC controller blow my motherboard? Chris 2003-05-09 07:27:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] What Brand Parallel Port Card? Re: Can my CNC controller blow my motherboard? turbulatordude 2003-05-09 07:30:13 UTC Alternate Parallel card ( wa s What Brand Parallel Port Card? Re: Ca turbulatordude 2003-05-09 07:36:23 UTC Mach2 and parallel port cards ( was What Brand Parallel Port Card? Re: Can my turbulatordude 2003-05-09 08:06:15 UTC Setting EPP ( was What Brand Parallel Port Card? Re: Can my CNC Jim Wilson 2003-05-09 10:05:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Alternate Parallel card ( wa s What Brand Parallel Port Card? Re: Ca caudlet 2003-05-09 11:23:17 UTC Mach2 and parallel port cards - Dave Art 2003-05-09 14:57:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mach2 and parallel port cards - Dave CL 2003-05-09 18:20:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mach2 and parallel port cards - Dave turbulatordude 2003-05-09 20:53:28 UTC Re: Mach2 and parallel port cards - Dave washcomp 2003-05-10 07:22:29 UTC Re: Mach2 and parallel port cards - Dave turbulatordude 2003-05-10 08:51:27 UTC small drops of coolant - Time delay relay ( was Re: Mach2 and parallel p