CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] VIRUS IN FILES SECTION CLEARCAM.EXE

Tim Goldstein wrote:

>Jeff,
>
>Thanks for the heads up. I have deleted the file and banned the member.
>Uploading a virus seems to me to be a strong indication that this person
>is not someone we want on the list. No way it was an accident.

That may be a bit harsh, there is at least some possibility it could be an
accident. Although, I would in most cases run a program I got from some
internet source before putting it in a dropbox or sending it to a list.
It is not unheard of for commercial software vendors to publish virus-
containing files on their official sites or on snail-mailed media.
It is also possible (don't know this particular virus) that his own machine
is infected, and the virus attached itself to the file he sent to the
dropbox.

Of course, it is also possible that this person is a bad apple, and did
do this
on purpose. (My machine just got hacked by a pretty professional cracker,
fortunately his code had one small lapse that I hope prevented him from
getting all my passwords. I changed them just to be sure.)

Jeff 2003-05-19 03:17:57 UTC VIRUS IN FILES SECTION CLEARCAM.EXE dcdziner 2003-05-19 03:47:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] VIRUS IN FILES SECTION CLEARCAM.EXE Tim Goldstein 2003-05-19 07:39:40 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] VIRUS IN FILES SECTION CLEARCAM.EXE Jon Elson 2003-05-19 11:15:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] VIRUS IN FILES SECTION CLEARCAM.EXE Tim Goldstein 2003-05-19 11:39:57 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] VIRUS IN FILES SECTION CLEARCAM.EXE Chris 2003-05-19 16:00:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] VIRUS IN FILES SECTION CLEARCAM.EXE turbulatordude 2003-05-19 17:20:58 UTC Re: VIRUS IN FILES SECTION CLEARCAM.EXE