CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: Yeager CNC-Pro on Lathes?

Posted by alan@s...
on 2003-05-20 09:51:03 UTC
Well, I use CNCPro on the lathe portion of my 3in1.

I have not used it to cut ball ends ( although I would like to ) because
I cannot imagine how to manually grind the correct shape of cutting tool
to be used, given the need to cut on both edges when so machining.

I plan to either make a ball end fixture or use a CNC rotary table; i
n either case, using a conventional single-edged tool.

But back to your problem, it would appear from your code as if your
toolbit in and out feed ( whether by compound or cross-slide ) is your
Z axis.

Now, I'm no wizard when it comes to interpreting G-code, but it appears
as if your first cut is .125" .. certainly a roughing cut on a small
lathe ( although everyone has a different idea of what constitutes
"small" ).

Your second cut is .062" ( .187-.125 ), also a decent cut on a small
lathe.

Your third cut is .188" ( .375-.187 ), which does not strike me as
being a finish cut on any machine ?

Am I interpreting your code correctly ?

Alan

--
Alan Rothenbush | The Spartans do not ask the number of the
Academic Computing Services | enemy, only where they are.

Discussion Thread

John Mesh 2003-05-19 22:49:47 UTC Yeager CNC-Pro on Lathes? Greg Bellman 2003-05-20 03:46:38 UTC Re: Yeager CNC-Pro on Lathes? alan@s... 2003-05-20 09:51:03 UTC Re: Re: Yeager CNC-Pro on Lathes?