CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: inexpensive cad-cam, was (new)

Posted by IMService
on 2003-06-01 07:57:00 UTC
> Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 18:14:24 -0000
> From: "jjmefoam" <jjme@...>
>Subject: new
>
>I have been tinkering with autocad. I have been making meshes,
>with edgesurf, tabsurf, etc.
>
>Are their any inexpensive programs out there, to convert these 3d
>images to G-code

StlWork Lite will machine STL. $95
Accutrans translates DXF mesh to STL if your CAD program does not. $20

DeskCNC $300 Same 3D surface functionality as StlWork lite, plus DXF pocketing, drilling, contouring, engraving, raster to vector conversion, height fields. pcb milling and drilling, AND a 3 axis machine controller ($25 extra).

StlWork $395, includes license for Accutrans. More complex toolpath and cutting area control, slabbing, helical and axial slicing.

VectorCad-Cam about $600 for hobbyists, integrated cad-cam, includes nurbs surface modeling and machining. Imports DXF mesh, STL, IGES files including nurbs trimmed surfaces. Complex surface cutting strategies, plus pocketing, drilling, contouring, engraving. Also includes lathe contouring, wire edm. Rotary 4th axis optional extra.

All these programs have a 30 day full working demo. Try one per month and you get 4 months of FREE cadcam.

Best Regards, Fred Smith- IMService

Listserve Special discounts and offers are at:
http://www.imsrv.com/hobby

We are THE source for low cost Cad Cam

Discussion Thread

IMService 2003-06-01 07:57:00 UTC Re: inexpensive cad-cam, was (new) Tim Goldstein 2003-06-01 09:54:00 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: inexpensive cad-cam, was (new)