CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: A USB-CAN-Based Distributed Dual-Axis Motion Controller

on 2003-06-05 05:16:12 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "kdoney_63021"
<kdoney_63021@y...> wrote:
> The first prize winner in circuit cellar's design contest is an
> interesting project. Anyone interested in the pcb's after I route
> them? Contact me off-group.
>
> http://www.circuitcellar.com/flash2002/first.htm

looks like an Allegro A3977 chip controled via the usb.

what software packabes will offer USB support ? I assume that Turbo-
CNC being a DOS program will not support it ?

Also, looking at the board, it appears very little in the way of heat
sinking. the A3977 will need some heatsinking that is not provided
for on the chip.

interesting idea, I'm just wondering if the software support is there

Dave

Discussion Thread

kdoney_63021 2003-06-04 17:15:10 UTC A USB-CAN-Based Distributed Dual-Axis Motion Controller turbulatordude 2003-06-05 05:16:12 UTC Re: A USB-CAN-Based Distributed Dual-Axis Motion Controller kdoney_63021 2003-06-05 07:30:10 UTC Re: A USB-CAN-Based Distributed Dual-Axis Motion Controller