CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: A USB-CAN-Based Distributed Dual-Axis Motion Controller

Posted by kdoney_63021
on 2003-06-05 07:30:10 UTC
I agree that the board will have to allow for proper heatsinking.
FTDI's FT245BM USB FIFO chip has Linux drivers for EMC support. I
wouldn't think the external interface would be that difficult to
write.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "turbulatordude"
<davemucha@j...> wrote:
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "kdoney_63021"
> <kdoney_63021@y...> wrote:
> > The first prize winner in circuit cellar's design contest is an
> > interesting project. Anyone interested in the pcb's after I route
> > them? Contact me off-group.
> >
> > http://www.circuitcellar.com/flash2002/first.htm
>

> looks like an Allegro A3977 chip controled via the usb.
>
> what software packabes will offer USB support ? I assume that
Turbo-
> CNC being a DOS program will not support it ?
>
> Also, looking at the board, it appears very little in the way of
heat
> sinking. the A3977 will need some heatsinking that is not provided
> for on the chip.
>
> interesting idea, I'm just wondering if the software support is
there

> Dave

Discussion Thread

kdoney_63021 2003-06-04 17:15:10 UTC A USB-CAN-Based Distributed Dual-Axis Motion Controller turbulatordude 2003-06-05 05:16:12 UTC Re: A USB-CAN-Based Distributed Dual-Axis Motion Controller kdoney_63021 2003-06-05 07:30:10 UTC Re: A USB-CAN-Based Distributed Dual-Axis Motion Controller