CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Converting Bridgeport I to PC controls

Posted by Greg Bellman
on 2003-06-08 03:28:24 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Marv Frankel"
<Dcdziner@p...> wrote:
> Guys,
> I may have the opportunity to pick up a Bridgeport I, that has
had
> the controls scavenged to keep others running. It's supposedly in
good
> condition with ball screws and the original stepper motors. Can it
be
> controlled with a "Gecko-based" control box, and computer, or is it
> more complicated than that?
> The second question is, there's a possibility of this being a
480V
> machine. Is it possible to rewire the motor to 220V 3 Ph? If so, I
> know I can run it from my VFD, or is there a VFD that includes a
power
> step up, in addition to phase conversion?
> Any direction would be appreciated.
>
> Marv Frankel
> Los Angeles

This does not answer your Gecko question but you may like to take a
look at "www.ajaxcnc.com". This site has info on a complete
converstion for series 1 machines. More expensive than the Geckos
though.

Best of luck with your project

greg
Australia

Discussion Thread

Marv Frankel 2003-06-08 02:41:55 UTC Converting Bridgeport I to PC controls Greg Bellman 2003-06-08 03:28:24 UTC Re: Converting Bridgeport I to PC controls stevenson_engineers 2003-06-08 03:43:59 UTC Re: Converting Bridgeport I to PC controls dcdziner 2003-06-08 11:11:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Converting Bridgeport I to PC controls