CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: G-Code Generators for us poor people.

Posted by forumtvm
on 2003-06-11 17:48:05 UTC
Hi Mark,

Try Deskam or deskcnc
http://www.deskam.com
http://www.deskcnc.com
for radius compensation, pocketing, etc within the CAM system.

For radius compensation using tools table (G41, G42, G43) try the new
version flashcutcnc V2
http://www.flashcutcnc.com
The signal generator is for people a weenee bit above us poor people,
but the GUI is about the friendliest, but minus the signal generator
you can still use it to generate and check (simulate) Gcode FOC

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Mark Thompson <Mark_T3@v...>
wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a mill running an ECM (linux) system and it works great.
>
> What I am look for is low-cost G-code generator that feed with
DXF's
> and it will generate the proper G-codes.
>
> I have look all over the web and have found many that will simply
convert
> my dxf's to G-code but I need something that will take cutter size
and generate
> an actual tool-path not just g-code for the perimeters.
>
> I would also like it to generate the "Pocket" g-code for milling
out cavities.

> Any ideas ???
>
> My application is not for production, just my hobbies related
parts.
> I don't mind if its interactive and requires manual selection and
alike.

> Thanks
> Mark Thompson

Discussion Thread

Mark Thompson 2003-06-11 16:21:28 UTC G-Code Generators for us poor people. forumtvm 2003-06-11 17:48:05 UTC Re: G-Code Generators for us poor people. Mark Thomas 2003-06-11 19:13:53 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] G-Code Generators for us poor people.