CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re:Tac sensors

Posted by Don Rogers
on 2003-06-12 16:50:32 UTC
At 04:48 PM 6/10/03 +0000, you wrote:
>Every PC Computer fan (from power supplies, etc) I've ever taken apart has
>had 3 hall sensors in them. And a magnet on the rotor, too.

It would seem to me that the last thing you wanted on a sensor for your
lathe or mill was a magnet. As the chips start building on it, it will
change the response of the hall sensors. An optical sensor will be less
affected unless you let the chips build in it to the point of blocking the
optical path..

Don

Don Rogers 2003-06-12 16:50:32 UTC Re:Tac sensors