CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DRO resolution selection

Damon wrote:

>Hiya folks. I have a DRO with one scale (Anilam MiniWizard).
>The scale works (pulses) but the display/control unit is shot.
>
>If I were to get another display unit, how do you select the
>resolution of the scale? Like if I have a 0.05mm scale, how does the
>new box know what the step size is? Or am I locked in to using
>scales of a resolution compatible with the displaybox? The display
>unit doesn't say anything about resolution...

Usually there are jumpers or dip switches on the older units to select
from several standard resolutions. Some of the newer ones have
setup info stored in a non-volatile memory, and there is some insane
sequence of holding down several keys at a time while powering on,
or something, to get into the secret setup mode.

Damon 2003-06-13 13:19:58 UTC DRO resolution selection Jon Elson 2003-06-13 21:25:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DRO resolution selection