CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] unipolar drive

Posted by JanRwl@A...
on 2003-06-15 17:24:28 UTC
In a message dated 6/14/2003 10:52:31 AM Central Standard Time,
c65pratt@... writes:

> Hello, I'm considering buying a unipolar drive, but I have 2 bi
> polar motors and one unipolar motor. Do I need to use unipolar
> motors only, or will the driver work with the bipolar motor also?

SME Boss: Six-wire unipolar motors can be used also with bipolar drives by
not using one end-wire per winding, but this arrangement is not as efficient as
either an "all-bipolar" connection or proper use of a unipolar drive.

However, a Unipolar DRIVER will NOT work with a bipolar motor at all.

Lotsa luck!

smeboss 2003-06-14 08:51:57 UTC unipolar drive Tim Goldstein 2003-06-14 08:58:12 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] unipolar drive JanRwl@A... 2003-06-15 17:24:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] unipolar drive