CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Denford Mirac PC Problems..!!! Help

Posted by auctionfrek
on 2003-06-23 09:43:51 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Charles Knight <charles@i...>
wrote:
> >Hi Thanks for the help. I found my problem. I was using fom serial
cables I had not used in a while. 2 of the 4 I had were bad. I'm up
and going now. Also had to modify the autoexec.bat file to boot
software on power up.
Again thanks for the help..!!!

> >When I try to boot I get this message:
> >Starting MSDOS
> >

> OK, the system files are intact, and it's loading the command
> interpreter...good news!
>
> >Himen is testing extended memory
> >

> It's able to load device drivers...apparently successfully...also
good news.

> >Denford Mirac CNC Programming (V1.62)April 91
> >

> It's loading *something* that has to do with the CNC
program...that, or
> it has an ECHO statement that simply displays this line. Either
way, no
> problems yet.
>
> >Error <130> Cannot find installation program
> >Abort,Entry, Fail
> >
> >I then press F for fail and enter C:
> >C:>
> >CD\C:\mirac <Return>
> >Mirac <Return>
> >The Mirac software then boots up. I can't control it with the
> >

> It sounds like the autoexec.bat file is trying to run the
installation
> program, which is either not present, or is not in the expected
> location. It could be as simple as looking for the referenced
program
> file, and editing the autoexec.bat file to reflect its actual
location.
> I would guess it's in c:\mirac, but it could be in a separate
> installation subdirectory. It sounds lke you're booting from
another
> drive, perhaps a floppy in drive A:? If so, try changing the drive
> C: in the autoexec.bat file, before it loads the installation
program.
> That's where I would start.
>
> Of course, there's also the question of why it's looking for an
> installation program, if the package is already installed...
>
> -- Chuck Knight

Discussion Thread

auctionfrek 2003-06-20 21:05:11 UTC Denford Mirac PC Problems..!!! Help Charles Knight 2003-06-20 21:14:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Denford Mirac PC Problems..!!! Help auctionfrek 2003-06-23 09:43:51 UTC Re: Denford Mirac PC Problems..!!! Help