CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: EMC/CAM Software

Posted by kdntool
on 2003-06-30 05:15:00 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Jon Elson <elson@p...> wrote:

> kdntool wrote:
>
> >Hello Everyone,
> >Does anyone know of a good CAM package that can be configured to
> >output files in a format compatible with EMC without major fine
> >tuning? I do not mind doing a little clean-up if it is necessary.
> >would like to import DXF's and convert to mill routines also.
Price
> >is a less important factor than ease of use and dependability, to
> >

> Well, Bobcad definitely works with EMC, and works well at that.
> I've never had it create any incorrect moves or any other problems
that
> were not clearly shown on the CAD side. Oh, you said "good", well,
> Bobcad is not the greatest CAD package, just functional. It IS
> dependable, but not the easiest to use, I think.
>
> Jon

Thank you Jon
The weekly phone harassment from the folks at BobCad is enough to
keep me developing programs the old fashioned way.
Ken

Discussion Thread

kdntool 2003-06-23 09:22:27 UTC EMC/CAM Software Jon Elson 2003-06-27 20:32:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC/CAM Software kdntool 2003-06-30 05:15:00 UTC Re: EMC/CAM Software