CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC/CAM Software

kdntool wrote:

>Hello Everyone,
>Does anyone know of a good CAM package that can be configured to
>output files in a format compatible with EMC without major fine
>tuning? I do not mind doing a little clean-up if it is necessary. I
>would like to import DXF's and convert to mill routines also. Price
>is a less important factor than ease of use and dependability, to

Well, Bobcad definitely works with EMC, and works well at that.
I've never had it create any incorrect moves or any other problems that
were not clearly shown on the CAD side. Oh, you said "good", well,
Bobcad is not the greatest CAD package, just functional. It IS
dependable, but not the easiest to use, I think.

kdntool 2003-06-23 09:22:27 UTC EMC/CAM Software Jon Elson 2003-06-27 20:32:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC/CAM Software kdntool 2003-06-30 05:15:00 UTC Re: EMC/CAM Software