CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: rotary table drive

on 2003-06-30 12:14:06 UTC
Sure, there is a pulse and dir circuit in the files section that is
really a simple single chip unit with some caps and resistors.

no ramp function and just a plain on/off type of start/stop unit. it
could feed the stepper driver (assuming that the FROG is not the
driver) and all you would need to do is figure the switching from one
unit to the other.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Powell" <tppjr@h...>
wrote:
> I set up a frog drive for my rotary table. The problem is that I
can not
> get a full revolution with the number of counts the driver has. Is
there a
> way to hook up the stepper so that it will just spin till I tell it
to stop
> with some kind of variable rate? Then switch back to the frog
driver when I
> need a certain number of step travel.
>
> Thanks
> Thomas Powell (VMOA 741)
> 1994 NOS injected T-Boost sales
> Tourmaster V-Max Clear clutch cover sales
> "LAFGAS"
> tppjr@h...
> http://imageevent.com/tppjr (photopage)

Discussion Thread

Thomas Powell 2003-06-30 09:50:35 UTC rotary table drive turbulatordude 2003-06-30 12:14:06 UTC Re: rotary table drive