CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Parallel port EMC pins

Karl Klemm wrote:

> From: Karl Klemm <kklemm@...>
>
> Hello, I am trying to figure out which pin(s) EMC uses for e-stop.

It depends on which software you are using.
If you are using servo motors and the STG card, see my
web page at http://ascc.artsci.wustl.edu/~jmelson/EMC.html
The first schematic is of the board I use to go between many
of the connectors that perform control functions. There is a
pin on the parallel port which senses emergency conditions
from the machine. On the drawing it is shown as pin 25 for
an IDC type connector, that translates to pin 13 on the 25-pin
D-type connector. This pin must be low for the machine to
come out of estop. EMC sends an estop signal out on pin
16 (which is pin 6 of the IDC connector).

EMC may also need the limit switch inputs to be set to a
state indicating that the axes are within limits. This can
usually be set to ignore the unconnected pins in the .ini
file, but apparently the parallel port specified for that
purpose must be present. If you are using steppers,
it generally requires 2 parallel ports, one for the stepper
commands, and one for the auxilliary I/O.

Jon Anderson 2000-03-09 08:05:12 UTC RFQ, Linux/EMC system Karl Klemm 2000-03-15 17:55:26 UTC [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Parallel port EMC pins Tim Goldstein 2000-03-15 19:54:55 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Parallel port EMC pins Jon Elson 2000-03-15 22:09:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Parallel port EMC pins Karl Klemm 2000-03-16 04:51:02 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Parallel port EMC pins