CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: specs for Slo-Syn SS222E steppers

Posted by Lee Studley
on 2003-07-18 11:55:54 UTC
Hi Robi,
How many wires and what other info is on it? You can guess at a
reasonable current spec by getting it running at low amps first, then
load it and run it over time. Stepping up the current and test for
excessve heating. Since there's no specs I assume these are surplus
and not for a life supprt system so this rough apprach will work.

With an ohm meter you can figure out the coils easily if it is a
4wire bipolar or even a 6wire with some careful measurement.
Do a search on stepper wiring in the messages and this has been
covered well by others.

I will do this also and put the results in the file section since this
topic comes up often.

Hope this is helpful.
Email me and I'll step you through ohm testing the coils if you need
help
-Lee

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "rmuk" <rmuk@y...> wrote:
> I checked their web site and they are not listed. Anyone have
specs
> and wiring diagrams for these?
>
> Robi

Discussion Thread

rmuk 2003-07-18 11:48:32 UTC specs for Slo-Syn SS222E steppers Lee Studley 2003-07-18 11:55:54 UTC Re: specs for Slo-Syn SS222E steppers Lee Studley 2003-07-18 12:07:59 UTC Re: specs for Slo-Syn SS222E steppers