CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: specs for Slo-Syn SS222E steppers

Posted by Lee Studley
on 2003-07-18 12:07:59 UTC
Found this:
The type number identification system for SLO-SYN Synchronous Motors
is straightforward and easily understood. For example, in type number
SS25, the "SS" indicates "Standard SLO-SYN", which has a synchronous
shaft speed of 72 rpm at 120 volts, 60 hertz. The "25" in the type
number designates the torque rating of the motor in ounce-inches.
Figure 4 shows the letter designations which are offered and
Figure 5 shows how the two elements of the type number identify the
characteristics of the motor.

This is a sync motor and you'd have to modify it to separate the 2
coils to use it as a stepper. Its probably made to run off 120vac
see:

http://www.slosyn.com/downloads/SYNCGU%7E1.PDF
http://www.slosyn.com/ssacmotors_standard.html

-Lee

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Lee Studley"
<indigo_red@q...> wrote:
> Hi Robi,
> How many wires and what other info is on it? You can guess at a
> reasonable current spec by getting it running at low amps first,
then
> load it and run it over time. Stepping up the current and test for
> excessve heating. Since there's no specs I assume these are surplus
> and not for a life supprt system so this rough apprach will work.
>
> With an ohm meter you can figure out the coils easily if it is a
> 4wire bipolar or even a 6wire with some careful measurement.
> Do a search on stepper wiring in the messages and this has been
> covered well by others.
>
> I will do this also and put the results in the file section since
this
> topic comes up often.
>
> Hope this is helpful.
> Email me and I'll step you through ohm testing the coils if you
need
> help
> -Lee
>

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "rmuk" <rmuk@y...> wrote:
> > I checked their web site and they are not listed. Anyone have
> specs
> > and wiring diagrams for these?
> >
> > Robi

Discussion Thread

rmuk 2003-07-18 11:48:32 UTC specs for Slo-Syn SS222E steppers Lee Studley 2003-07-18 11:55:54 UTC Re: specs for Slo-Syn SS222E steppers Lee Studley 2003-07-18 12:07:59 UTC Re: specs for Slo-Syn SS222E steppers