CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Imported chinese scales

Posted by JanRwl@A...
on 2003-08-09 14:14:34 UTC
In a message dated 8/9/2003 3:17:49 PM Central Standard Time,
questo999@... writes:

> I have put together a cheap 3 axis DRO system . . . axis can jump to a
> really high number, the same thing that
> happens when a new battery is fitted.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this. If so any advice for a possible cure would
> be appreciated.

Key words: Chinese and "cheap". If it "jumps" the same kinda way as it does
when a new battery is fitted (why battery? Isn't this thing line-powered
like the mill's spindle???), it means it is not well-bypassed/shielded against
"everyday EMI" ! ! ! You might replace any cables with shielded cables (if not
already of that type cable), install EMI traps where the AC-line "enters" the
DRO circuitry, if any AC power-lines run "nekkid" alongside the DRO cables,
shielded or not, this CAN cause such troubles . . . By any chance, is this
powered ONLY via a "two-wire" line-cord (the two "flat blades", NOT including
the lower-center "round one")? If so, pull the plug, rotate it 180, and put it
back in (IF it will fit! If "polarized", it won't go!). If THAT causes any
change in behaviour (It CAN totally "fix" the problem! UGH!), then you
CERTAINLY need the EMI filter on the AC line entering the DRO circuitry!

Hope this makes sense to you.

Lotsa luck! Jan Rowland

questo999 2003-08-09 13:16:16 UTC Imported chinese scales JanRwl@A... 2003-08-09 14:14:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Imported chinese scales