CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: EMC error message - Servo-To-Go

Posted by foxprints2003
on 2003-08-19 07:15:41 UTC
Thanks,
the message terminology led me to believe it was a problem with the
computer hardware/servo-to-go board.
Perhaps an axis travel limit switch error message should mention
that it is a travel limit switch!
After clearing that error, the system started & ran without issue.
The axis tuning seems O.K. on a bench test with P=100, FF1=2 and the
rest at 0. I am using Baldor MT-3363 servos & Copley Controls Amps.
Thanks,
Dean

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Jon Elson <elson@p...> wrote:

> foxprints2003 wrote:
>
> >I have just begun testing a new gantry system & I have run into a
> >problem with EMC.
> >I have a 3 axis servo system with run by EMC with an 8 axis model
2
> >Servo-To-Go board. On EMC startup the Z axis coordinate display
is
> >red & I get an error message "Minimum Hardware Limit on axis 2
> >exceeded"
> >Running the testing script utility I am able to write test
voltages
> >to all three axes without any trouble & the amplifiers/motors
> >respond correctly.
> >I am unable to get EMC into a "machine on" state presumably
because
> >of the z axis problem.
> >

> The message is quite specific. Do you have limit switches on the Z
> axis? If so, you may need to change the polarity that is expected
for the
> - Z limit switch. In the .ini file that is actually being called
up by
> the run
> file, this would be the parameter
> MIN_LIMIT_SWITCH_POLARITY = n
> where n is either 0 or 1.
>
> If you don't have a limit switch, just change the 0 to 1 or vice-
versa.
> That should allow the system to run.
>
> This file will be in the /usr/local/emc directory, and will have a
name
> something like emc.ini
>
> Jon

Discussion Thread

foxprints2003 2003-08-13 17:16:42 UTC EMC error message - Servo-To-Go Matt Shaver 2003-08-13 18:33:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC error message - Servo-To-Go Jon Elson 2003-08-13 22:41:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC error message - Servo-To-Go foxprints2003 2003-08-19 07:15:41 UTC Re: EMC error message - Servo-To-Go