CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Camsoft

Posted by Fred Smith
on 2003-08-28 10:40:05 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "shawncd2001" <shawncd@p...>
wrote:

> I'm thinking of using
> Camsofts CNC plus software. Has anyone out there had experience
with
> Camsoft? I have heard some good and bad about them. Any input would
> be appreciated. I would like to use one system for all my
> applications and this appears to be the way to go, but I would like
> to make sure before I spend the $3500 and regret it later.

Camsoft is not usually thought of as a home use application due to
the cost, and the predatory sales techniques put most people off.

Also it looks like just the software to do CadCam and controller
functions is $4995. Hardware is extra, probably a Galil board priced
at $1500+ for a 3 axis capability.

Check out DeskCNC its $300 for the software and $50 for the
hardware. You will need a CAD program that is tool path friendly,
and VectorCad will work well for that. There is usually an
opportunity to purchase it at a nice group discount at
http://www.imsrv.com/hobby

DeskCNC can be seen at http://www.imsrv.com/deskcnc

Fred Smith - IMService

Discussion Thread

shawncd2001 2003-08-28 07:09:27 UTC Camsoft Fred Smith 2003-08-28 10:40:05 UTC Re: Camsoft Jeff Lionberger 2003-08-28 19:47:09 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Camsoft Jon 2005-01-13 15:16:07 UTC Camsoft