CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: CAD/CAM Alternative

on 2003-08-29 00:29:06 UTC
>--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "kakushaku" <kakushaku@y...>
>wrote:
> As an alternative to expensive, perhaps over hyped CAD/CAM (
>perhaps
> overkill for your needs), I would invite users to explore Kipware
>at
> www.KentechInc.com. We do have customers from this newsgroup who
>have
> made purchases and are extremely pleased with the results.
>
> Discounts are available to CCED participants, just email Kentech
>Inc.
> for more info.

Am even cheaper alternative [ read FREE ] at the moment is to look at
Mark Thomas's offering called GenGCode
http://home.inter.net/mthomas/

This can generate a G code file from filling in simple dialog boxes.
Very handy for simple work and even more complex shapes can be built
up by adding on.
We use it on the shop computer for simple work all the while. We even
use it and take the results off it for manual machine work and use
the results on the DRO's.

John S.

Discussion Thread

kakushaku 2003-08-28 19:47:36 UTC CAD/CAM Alternative stevenson_engineers 2003-08-29 00:29:06 UTC Re: CAD/CAM Alternative