CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] High performance Machines

Yesamazza@... wrote:

>Hi
> I would agree that 1000IMP for a five pitch screw is unrealistic. I
>would want a direct drive system so the pitch of the screw would be the only
>control of the "gearing" I haven't seen anything to make me think that it couldn't
>handle the speeds to achieve common servo rpm ratings. I would be building
>small machines 18" max on any axis.

Do you really need to traverse the table in 18 milliseconds?
(Realistically,
the machine needs to accelerate and decelerate, but based on Mariss'
calculations,
it could do the traverse of 17.4" in 17.4 mS, plus 2 * 43 mS of accel
and decel,
going from end to end in 103.4 mS. So, it could go from end to end 10 times
in just a hair over a second! I can't imagine much practical use for
such a machine.
I also can't imagine that it could achieve any accuracy at that rate
unless it had
an IMMENSE structure to keep all the slides aligned.

Yesamazza@a... 2003-08-28 22:19:52 UTC High performance Machines Jon Elson 2003-08-28 22:46:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] High performance Machines Torsten 2003-08-29 11:49:57 UTC Re: High performance Machines