CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI hangs when booting

Posted by Paul
on 2003-08-30 05:02:20 UTC
Hi David

BDI-Live or BDI-2.xx ?

If BDI-2.xx, it sounds like you have the network set up for DHCP without
having a DHCP server running elswhere on the network. To get round this, you
will need to either disable the network or set the computer up with a static
IP address.

At the lilo prompt, enter:

linux s

This will boot the computer up in single user mode and drop straight to the
command prompt - From here, you can run:

linuxconf

Using the Tab key & cursor keys, you can configure the basic host information
and various other networking details.

The following two docs should give you a little more info on configuring
networks...
http://www.megapath.net/support/TechSupport/setup/redhat_linuxconf_static.asp
http://www.redhat.com/support/resources/tips/Network-Config-Tips/Network-Config-Tips.html

Regards, Paul.

irc channel for EMC users at irc.freenode.org
/join #emc
and chat to other users (not many there yet).

Discussion Thread

fineartlight 2003-08-29 20:43:41 UTC BDI hangs when booting Paul 2003-08-30 05:02:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI hangs when booting