CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: RONG FU MILL

Posted by Terry May
on 2000-03-22 10:37:34 UTC
I've also got an RF-45, purchased from Penn Tools about a year ago.
I'm quite happy with it, but understand that I'm still in the novice
stage and don't have experience with any other mills. I'm currently
fitting it with DRO's based on the units from Goldmine, I plan to go
to CNC in the future, but I'm learning as I go. Roland I hope you do
publish that article, I need all the help I can get at this :>) Is
your current retrofit stepper or servo?
By the way, I think Penn Tool is one of the best outfits I have
dealt with, very good customer service. I haven't had any problems
with my mill, but I bought a micrometer from them that turned out to
be defective, they got me a new one in 2 days, including shipping. I
don't have any idea what shipping on an RF-45 would come to since I
picked mine up in person, but I also paid about $2K.
Terry May
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com, Roland Friestad
<cardinal.eng@m...> wrote:
> I'm retrofitting a RONG FU RF-45 gear head machine right now for a
customer
> in Texas - I'm very favorably impressed with the machine and will be
> publishing the plans for the retrofit in HSM (Home Shop Machinist)
if they
> want to print them - It's a very nicely made machine - Note that
RONG FU
> also makes a bunch of other models also so you may not be thinking
of the
> same one - There are a couple of others on the list that are also
working
> with the same machine and may be a little further along than me -
Don't have
> pictures or a web site yet but will have in another month or two -
The one I
> have came from PENN TOOL - They have a web site - Cost about $2000
plus shipping
> Roland
> ***********************************
> Message: 16 - Digest 416
> From: dholness@...
> Subject: Re: RONG FU MILL
> I need info on the RONG FU GEAR HEAD milling machine that someone
had
> mention that they had purchased on the list. I think they also had
a web page
> showning their machine
> I'm at the point of buying one and need a little more info
> Don

Discussion Thread

Roland Friestad 2000-03-22 09:14:02 UTC Re: RONG FU MILL Terry May 2000-03-22 10:37:34 UTC Re: RONG FU MILL